After about 2 years of not taking my kids to the doctor for their well checks, I decided that this was the year. I made them all separate appointments, so they could get the good head to toe inspection. After the second visit, I told my doctor I was feeling guilty for winning the bad mom award for neglecting my kids appointments. He just replied with a smile and said, "all moms deserve it at times". I think he agrees I should have brought them in each year. Then as he was leaving the room he asked if I was getting my check ups regularly. My reply, "yes I do, once a year love it or not".
So, I have neglected my kids, but I still love them more than I could have ever imagined......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't listen to your doctor on this one. You have a good sense of how your children are developing and if they are thriving. Every well child visit after age two I end up thinking, "That was a colossal waste of time and $50!" And as for the Bad Mommy Award, you aren't even a contender. You are an astounding mother and great example to moms like me.
Love the birthday list on the boys--very personal and sweet. Can't wait to read about the Princess on her big day.
Nothing like going to the doctor and leaving feeling worse! There ought to be doctors who treat guilt sickness! I'd go in for THAT well check on a daily basis! Women do not need any help feeling guilty over things, thank you very much doctor so n so! :)
Post a Comment